Issues applying online? Things to try
Modified on: Wed, 13 Jul, 2022 at 12:40 PM
If you are experiencing issues with your online application please try the following:
- Delete your cookies/temporary Internet files
- Ensure that your privacy settings aren't set too high
- Ensure you have a strong Internet connection
- Check that your Internet cable is plugged into your router/socket, sometimes WiFi signals can drop their connection due to a variety of reasons and this may end your session unexpectedly
- Save the section you are working on regularly (e.g. every 10 minutes) since any break in Internet connection, or period of inactivity may result in your session timing out and you may lose some information you have already inserted
- If you are entering lengthy responses draft them out using a text editor e.g. Notepad (PC) or TextEdit (Mac) so you have a backup copy should you encounter any issues. The character count in Word differs from that on the application form because text is stored as Unicode on the online application form. Therefore use the character count on the application form and edit text accordingly. Text that is over the character limit will not be saved. What you see on the view/print summary screen is what the council/organisation will see once you submit your application
- Try to avoid adding additional formatting e.g.bullet points as these take up character space which may result in you not having enough space to complete your full response
- Enable pop-ups for the myjobscotland site if viewing your application summary sheet
- Review your computer settings and try other browsers
- Try accessing your application on another computer as this could help determine if the issue is specifically linked to your own computer settings
- If you are using an AntiVirus software make sure that myjobscotland.gov.uk is a trusted website
- Increase text size by clicking on Ctrl key and scrolling your mouse wheel, or go to your browser click on View > Text Size or View > Zoom
- You can increase the text box sizes using Chrome and Safari browsers, or alternatively type up your responses using a text editor e.g. Notepad (PC) or TextEdit (Mac) and copy and paste in to the text boxes once edited.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.